For more than 60 years, ABC12 has been part of the Mid-Michigan community. Being called a leader in the industry is a responsibility and commitment we take seriously.
Providing breaking news of the day and keeping our viewers informed before, during and after severe weather is our commitment day in and day out. Reaching beyond the traditional news of the day, ABC12 is humbled to be the media partner for several events throughout the year benefiting the community we call home. If you are looking for a place to grow your career, find an opportunity to make a change or challenge your skills, the award winning team of ABC12 could be the perfect home for you too.
Learn more WJRT - Flint, MI
Join the ABC 12 family
Link - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hGx0eKYL9aQ&feature=youtu.be
The primary job duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Create newscasts, select, research, write content for live newscasts
• Communicating, coordinating and executing creative vision with team of anchors, reporters, meteorologists, photographers, editors, and production staff
• Build news content in unique and compelling ways using the many tools and technology available
• Working knowledge of current events and community issues
• Enhance content with graphics, video research, and station branding
• Oversee all aspects of content and presentation of newscast
• Ability to write, re-write, edit and post to website as well as other platforms
• Producer will be expected to update digital and social platforms as needed
• Work closely with the news team for accurate and interesting news information on all platforms
• The News Producer will oversee content quality and accuracy for his/her newscasts
• Grow the stations' social and digital footprint, especially within key demographics
• Passion for production and storytelling, combined with an unwavering commitment to journalistic ethics and standards
• Willingness to grow by taking direction and excel as a team member
• Communicate effectively and efficiently with anchors, field crews and technical staff
• Adapt to breaking news and developing stories
• Generate story ideas and collaborate with news staff on promotable story ideas
• Assist producers in formatting other newscasts
• Ability to edit video
• Perform other duties as assigned
• Three years prior news producing experience and strong editorial skills
• Possess a bachelor's degree in Journalism, Broadcasting, or a related field
• High level of communication skills both written and verbal along with excellent judgement
• Experience in a newsroom, the ability to remain calm under pressure
• Must possess exceptional organizational and writing skills
• Knowledge of web-based publishing
• Mindful of deadlines
• Ability to lead and make split second decisions based upon knowledge of directives
• Must be self-motivated, ability to multi-task, and excel under intense deadlines pressure in a rapidly changing environment
• Experience with ENPS a plus
• Must know how to edit
• Excellent writing, spelling, grammar and copy-editing skills
• Ability to multi-task and coordinate several crews and responsibilities simultaneously
• An ability to summarize information into easy-to-understand components
• Creative presentation style, and ability to showcase all resources and elements
• Unwavering journalistic integrity and ethical standards
• Must be available to work holidays, shifts that include nights, weekends and overnights, and flexible with schedule to be available during breaking news
• Must be willing to reside in the DMA
** THIS IS NOT AN ENTRY LEVEL POSITION **
This shift is currently for Senior Producer. This is a 24/7 operation and may require working overnights and/or weekends, as well as holidays. The hours, shifts, responsibilities are flexible and are subject to change at the News Director's discretion. Involvement in station initiatives and station events are necessary.
The position includes a highly competitive compensation and benefit package which includes Paid Time Off, Medical, Dental, Vision, and life insurance. The company also offers a 401k plan with company match to plan for the long term. Must possess and maintain a valid driver's license in good standing. Must have a reliable source of transportation and be flexible on hours.
Gray Television, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and participates in E-Verify. Passing a drug screening and motor vehicle records check are conditions of employment. Must have a reliable source of transportation and be flexible on hours.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r1okmy-3-236-98-69-42 in your application.