For more than 60 years, ABC12 has been part of the Mid-Michigan community. Being called a leader in the industry is a responsibility and commitment we take seriously.
Providing breaking news of the day and keeping our viewers informed before, during and after severe weather is our commitment day in and day out. Reaching beyond the traditional news of the day, ABC12 is humbled to be the media partner for several events throughout the year benefiting the community we call home.
If you are looking for a place to grow your career, find an opportunity to make a change or challenge your skills, the award winning team of ABC12 could be the perfect home for you too
WJRT- Flint, MI Join the ABC 12 family
This is a high-profile, important role, and prompter readers need not apply. The right person for this position should consider themselves a lead story MMJ, who is comfortable delivering breaking news in the field, as they are from the anchor desk. We also want a professional who leads by example, representing WJRT in the community and modeling a professional approach in areas ranging from operating equipment properly to encouraging team members in a positive and constructive way. Weekend morning anchor who reports as MMJ, 3 days a week. Candidate must have experience reporting and anchoring. This is also considered a leadership position, since this teammate will help lead weekend coverage from the desk. A positive attitude and ability to engage our sophisticated audience on-air and on.
Your responsibilities will include (but not be limited to) the following:
• Report lead stories as an MMJ
• Write and post real time updates on digital and social platforms
• Anchor newscasts as assigned with clean, engaging and thoughtful delivery
• Engage audience through social channels and personal appearances
• Develop and maintain contacts with local newsmakers and experts
• Ability to partner with newsroom managers, to increase productivity and teamwork
• Must be able to shoot, write and edit video for television
• Write stories for digital
• Help lead weekend morning shows
• Enterprise stories and build contacts in the community
- Bachelor's degree in Broadcast Journalism.
- Broadcast experience of at least three years is strongly preferred, this is not an entry level position.
- Preferred knowledge of ENPS.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written with the ability to ad lib when required.
- Ability to meet deadlines, prioritize assignments and handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Write and post daily on all digital platforms including social media.
- Possess and maintain a valid driver's license with a good driving record.
- Develop story ideas, write, shoot and edit news stories for on-air broadcasting.
• Top candidates will have 3+ years of anchoring and reporting experience. Must be a news junkie with strong editorial skills and not just a figurehead.
• Bachelor's Degree or comparable experience
• Must have exceptional ad-lib abilities for breaking news and impromptu moments during newscasts.
• Our anchors are also newsroom leaders, with the ability to unite team members, engage with the staff, and suggest editorial direction.
• A leader in the digital opportunities with an understanding of social media and over the top best practices.
• Confident & experienced performance on air
• Ability to handle breaking news on-air, online and behind the scenes in timely and professional manner
• Leadership of the news team and a trusted editorial voice
• Demonstrated track record of producing news reports from the field with MMJ Equipment
• We need a person with a passion for learning about our community and our audience and to authentically demonstrate that passion on the air, on-line and especially in person. Our audience embraces our talent because we show them that we care.
If you feel you're qualified and want to work with a great group of people go to https://gray.tv/careers#currentopenings, you may type in job title, station call letters, or click on ''apply now''
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rbo1wx-3-238-132-225-42 in your application.