- Full Time
Job DescriptionWJMN Local 3 is looking for a passionate journalist who is ready to thrive on our digital platforms. The Digital Content Producer is a critical part of the team, creating/editing content for the web and social media. This person will serve as a crucial member of a dynamic & growing team.
• Conduct interviews either in-person, virtually, or via phone
• Write and create unique content for our website and social media channels
• Review copy and correct errors in content, grammar, and punctuation, following prescribed editorial style and formatting guidelines
• Determine a story's emphasis, length, and format, and organize material accordingly
• Research and analyze background information related to news stories in order to be able to provide complete and accurate information
• Gather information about events through research, interviews, experience or attendance at political, news, sports, artistic, social or other functions
• Pitch on-brand local and trending stories
• Checks reference materials such as books, news files or public records to obtain relevant facts
• May shoot and edit content for digital and on-air platforms
• Ensures that all content meets company standards for journalistic integrity and production quality
• Performs other duties as assigned
Requirements & Skills:
• Degree in journalism or equivalent professional experience.
• Proficiency in Associated Press style, WordPress, and Basic HTML preferred
• CSS, Flash and other relevant technology skills is a plus
• Maintain positive work environment through active team participation and cooperation with co-workers in all departments
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g6p730-3-238-132-225-42 in your application.
Find More Jobs Like This
Nexstar Media Group is America’s largest local television and media company with 196 full power stations (including partner stations) in 114 markets addressing nearly 63% of US television households and a growing digital media operation.