WJLA-TV is looking for a dynamic full-time Morning News Anchor to lead our Emmy Award winning Morning News. In addition to being an outstanding journalist with a great personality, you need to be an uplifting team leader. Our anchors are content creators who participate in the planning of our shows and produce content regularly. You must have the ability to ad-lib in a smart creative manner every day, in breaking news or field anchoring. A passion for winning morning news is mandatory! Our candidate will be someone who embraces social media and knows how to consistently engage with the audience. The ability to collaborate with our great team of journalists is key!
• Exemplary verbal and written communication skills
• Energy and positivity
• The ability to execute during breaking news events and add context
• Must be a team leader that works well with others
• A self-starter and who can generate his or her own story ideas on a daily basis
• Must be able to field anchor
• The ability to demonstrate enterprise reporting and creativity in story-telling
• Ability to work under deadline and on a flexible schedule is required
• Previous experience working in a team environment is a must
• Considerable live shot experience is preferred
• At least 5 years of on-air/anchoring experience is required
• Proven social media engagement necessary
This is not an entry-level position. If you have the required experience and skills, please apply online and include a link to your latest work.
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d52vb1-3-238-199-4-42 in your application.