News Anchor / MMJ - WJHG
NEWS ANCHOR/MMJ (MORNING) - WJHG
Imagine working in a place where most people travel to for vacation. That's what you'll find at the WJHG-TV/NBC and WECP-TV/CBS Affiliate in Panama City Beach, Florida! The area is home to a booming tourism industry, local military bases, and a rapidly growing local economy. WJHG/WECP prides itself on being a leader not only in news, but also in serving the local community, with a strong presence at local events. Our mission is to cover news that digs deeper and holds true to solid journalistic ethics and to offer businesses the best options to market their products and services including a full-service digital marketing department. Our number one rated award-winning team is all about leadership and growth, and we stay on top of the latest technical advances. Join our fast-paced team and enjoy a laid-back lifestyle at WJHG/WECP in beautiful Panama City Beach.
Click to learn more about the Panama City market: https://youtu.be/fXHzHBhGXSw
WJHG, the #1 station in beautiful Panama City Beach, Florida, is looking for an energetic, charismatic, serious but also fun-loving journalist to join our award-winning morning show team. The ideal candidate has already proven his/herself as an MMJ and news anchor with great live reporting skills and has ability to step in on a fast-paced morning show. We're looking for creative thinkers, who can communicate well early in the morning and be ready to tackle a wide range of stories on a daily basis.
Duties/Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Excellent on-air communication skills.
- Strong on-air reading and ad lib skills.
- Solid writing, editing, and shooting skills. Producing skills are a plus.
- Must be ready to go every weekday on air at 4:30am and have great on air stamina.
- Ability to conduct live interviews with a blend of serious, timely topics and fun, community topics.
- Ability to turn stories as a solo MMJ after morning news quickly on deadline.
- Must be someone who can enterprise great ideas, keep up with trending and timely topics, and be a team player.
- Able to fill in on other shifts as required, including holidays and weekends.
- Minimum 2-5 years of experience working on air in a professional newsroom.
- Bachelor's degree in Broadcast Journalism, Media Communications, or similar field.
- MUST have an on-air reel demonstrating skills such as live skills, reporting, and anchoring.
- Prior experience with working with social media in a professional broadcast setting.
- Strong interpersonal skills, and ability to be a leader in an early morning newsroom setting.
- Great technical skills, and able to report on multiple platforms including broadcast, OTT, social media and web.
- Ability to demonstrate strong news judgment and ethical decision making in handing difficult situations and decision making.
If you feel you're qualified and want to work with a great group of people go to https://gray.tv/careers#currentopenings, you may type in the job title, station call letters, or click on ''apply now'', upload your resume, cover letter and references (include demo reel with application)
WJHG-TV/Gray Television Group, Inc. is a drug-free company
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rjpkx2-3-236-209-138-42 in your application.