Multimedia Journalist - WJHG
Imagine working in a place where most people travel to for vacation. That's what you'll find at the WJHG-TV/NBC and WECP-TV/CBS Affiliate in Panama City Beach, Florida! The area is home to a booming tourism industry, local military bases, and a rapidly growing local economy. WJHG/WECP prides itself on being a leader not only in news, but also in serving the local community, with a strong presence at local events. Our mission is to cover news that digs deeper and holds true to solid journalistic ethics and to offer businesses the best options to market their products and services including a full service digital marketing department. Our number one rated award-winning team is all about leadership and growth, and we stay on top of the latest technical advances. Join our fast-paced team and enjoy a laid back lifestyle at WJHG/WECP in beautiful Panama City Beach.
WJHG-TV NewsChannel 7, the NBC affiliate and #1 news source for the Panama City, Florida market, and WECP-TV, the CBS affiliate, are looking for a multi-media journalist to join our award-winning news team. We are seeking qualified candidates who have a passion for story-telling and news gathering. Candidate must be a team-player, willing to work flexible hours, with a strong understanding of how news is delivered on multiple platforms. We are looking for a newsroom leader, with solid writing skills and the ability to turn content on deadline under pressure. Candidate must also be a community leader, willing to represent the station at local events. Must be open to learning new skills and assisting in any way needed in a busy newsroom environment.
The primary job duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Shooting, writing, and editing daily content for newscasts, web, and social media.
- Strong live reporting skills for on air and social media.
- Ability to operate portable live equipment solo from the field.
- Enterprise story ideas and build local contacts.
- Perform other duties necessary to assist the newsroom as assigned by management.
- BA/BS degree in Broadcast Journalism, Communications, or related field.
- Prior professional experience reporting, producing, writing, or shooting news is preferred.
- Strong professional social media skills.
- A valid driver's license and good driving record.
- Solid technical and computer skills, and understanding of how content is turned on multiple media platforms.
Gray Television provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Gray Television complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Gray Television expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Gray's employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-dy72km-3-233-219-62-42 in your application.