WJAC has an immediate opening for a Weekend Anchor/Reporter! The weekend anchor/reporter anchors assigned weekend newscasts and reports stories as assigned for the balance of their schedule. Strong on-air presentation skills are a must along with the ability to gather information and present news reports on air from the field and in the studio. The weekend anchor/reporter will also provide content for the station's web page and social media sites and must have the ability to shoot and edit video as needed.
RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
• The ability to effectively anchor from the studio as well as conduct interviews and gather information in the field.
• Report and write stories under deadline pressure and appear on camera-both live and recorded.
• Generate content for the station's web site as well as the station's social media sites.
• Must be able to shoot with an HD video camera and edit video using non-linear video editing equipment under deadline pressure.
• Hours: Must be available to work each weekend as well as the flexibility to work other shifts as needed including early mornings, overnights, weekends, and holidays.
• College degree with an emphasis in Broadcast Communications or Journalism preferred.
• Three (3) years minimum experience preferred including prior news reporting and anchoring.
• Working knowledge of television news photography and technology.
• A valid driver's license.
• Creativity, resourcefulness, strong storytelling and organizational skills desired.
• The ability to work well with others is a must along with a positive can-do attitude.
While applying online, please include a link to your online demo reel
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-dy91j0-34-232-62-64-42 in your application.