WJAC has an exciting opportunity for a full-time Sports Director/Anchor. We are looking for a newsroom leader who pushes past reporting scores and highlights to tell engaging sports stories involving professional sports teams, collegiate coverage, high school prep athletes and teams and community sports. Find the stories that students, parents grandparents, teachers and all of the community will want to see!
You will have strong ideas about how to engage a digital audiences on a variety of platforms. In this role, you will be required to produce daily content on a variety of platforms including broadcast, digital and social media, along with performing other duties as assigned by the news managers. You may work with a photographer or at times shoot stories on your own. It is important to have strong writing skills and to have knowledge of current events, along with a passion for sports. You will be required to keep up on the main sports stories of the day and help guide the producing staff on how best to use your produced content. Dynamic live television and storytelling skills are a must.
Skills and Experience:
• A self-starter who can generate his or her own story ideas daily.
• Ability to demonstrate enterprise reporting and creativity in storytelling.
• Must be able to shoot, write, edit and produce your content.
• Exemplary communication skills, both written and verbal.
• Ability to maintain an active social media presence.
• Knowledge of local and regional sports teams and programs and their schedules
• Must work well under pressure with tight deadlines.
Requirements and Qualifications:
• Previous anchoring experience is preferred.
• Live shot experience is required.
• Previous experience working in a team environment is a must.
• Knowledge of AVID editing and I-News is a big plus.
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gpyv70-44-197-101-251-42 in your application.