WJAC has an immediate opening for a creative News Content Producer! In this role, you will be responsible for creating and posting news stories for our newscasts and multiple digital platforms. This position will also work closely with News Management and other Assignment Desk staff and Anchors on collecting and writing news content. The primary duty of this position starts with web writing, posting, and assignment desk tasks on weekends, supporting similar efforts and news gathering during the week.
The ideal candidate will have:
• Solid news judgment
• Be a compelling and accurate writer
• Be able to multitask and manage time in order to put together an exciting and informative content for digital and broadcast
• Ability to work in a fast-paced and deadline driven environment
• Strong leadership and communication skills
• The ability to execute news strategies and goals in daily newscasts and digital platforms
• Flexibility and on-the-spot problem solving abilities are a must
• Proficiency or knowledge of non-linear editing (i.e. Avid) and newsroom systems, such as iNews and web producing systems
• Must have at least some previous news producing or writing experience at a commercial TV station, although the right entry-level candidate may be considered
• A journalism degree is preferred
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d98p67-34-207-247-69-42 in your application.