Full Time Job
Digital Live Video & Program Producer
- Full Time
WIVB-TV, the CBS affiliate in Buffalo, NY, a #DigitalFirst operation with a focus on delivering local content on a 24/7 basis across all platforms is seeking a dynamic Digital Live Video and Program Producer ready to make a mark in digital media. This tech savvy superstar will develop content and appear live on WIVB digital platforms. Must be proactive, able to handle breaking news events, create compelling digital content and manage guests. The ideal candidate will be a news junkie willing to join our growing content team and be the face of our digital brand!
The Digital Live Video and Program Producer will produce and anchor live content for our website WIVB.com. We will focus on daily live events (breaking news, press conferences, local/national major announcements). This person will also organize live interviews that help expand and go more in depth of trending stories. This person will also help talent organize special live events (live weather coverage, sports interviews, political discussions, and general coverage) The ideal candidate will lead the transition from broadcast focused newsrooms to multi-platform newsrooms through active daily examples; providing training in methods, processes and tactics; as well as in creating/editing origin content beyond that which is produced for on-air.
Requirements & Skills:
• Write, edit, produce and post video content to all WIVB digital platforms, utilizing graphics/data systems and other broadcast technologies
• Generate enterprise stories
• Primary presenter for live streaming content and programs
• Collaborate with News Management, the Digital Team and be able to work independently to manage editorial digital content.
• Collaborate with Promotions/Marketing team to define and analyze key performance indicators to help drive and improve user experience.
• Other job related duties as assigned by management.
• Strong news writing and editing
• Experienced news judgement
• Must be a self-starter
• Experience as a moderator is a major plus
• Prior news reporting experience preferred
• Ability to work effectively while under deadlines and on a flexible schedule including evenings, weekends and holidays
Physical Demands & Work Environment:
The Digital Live Video and Program Producer must be able to sit, conduct telephone conversations, use electronic mail, write letters and memos, conduct face-to-face discussions with individuals or groups, make decisions without supervision, make decisions that impact the results of co-workers, work in close proximity to others, work outdoors in all weather conditions, and work indoors in environmentally controlled conditions. In addition, the person must be able to lift, set up and operate equipment weighing up to 50 pounds.
Nexstar Media Group is America’s largest local television and media company with 196 full power stations (including partner stations) in 114 markets addressing nearly 63% of US television households and a growing digital media operation.