Local News Anchor Reporter
WISN-TV, the ABC affiliate in Milwaukee, WI is looking for an Anchor/Reporter. The Anchor/Reporter is someone who can bring the energy of live reporting to our anchor desk. In addition to credibility, poise, and personality; you are an anchor who isn't afraid to head out into the field and break the big stories. You will enterprise exclusives, tell compelling stories, and complete live shots. You are someone who isn't afraid to ask the tough questions, will hold those in power accountable and help mentor producers and reporters. You will write and edit scripts with viewer interaction in mind. You are versatile, enterprising, and can work fast and efficient, and works well under tight deadlines, can develop sources, and has excellent live reporting skills. You will report to the News Director.
• Deliver scripted and ad-lib material with professionalism, personality, and purpose.
• Work with and guide reporters and producers in newscast production.
• Plan, gathers and assembles stories on day-of news or special project assignments.
• Coordinate with news managers and producers to develop stories that go beyond surface details, that accentuate unique enterprise angles, and have exclusive content
• Develop a network of sources who provide tips, early access to information, and allow the reporter to break stories of significance
• Appear on behalf of the station at public events.
• Will contribute pictures, video and text updates to mobile platforms throughout the day
• Work on different stories and projects at once and meeting all deadlines
• Summarize information into easy-to-understand components
• 2+ years of anchor experience required
• 2+ years of reporting experience required
• Your demo reel is indicative of your everyday work
• Anchor that connects with viewers, in addition to reporting skills
• Operate mobile transmission devices and use latest technology.
• Can work in all weather conditions, work varied shifts, including overnights and weekends and carry up to 50 pounds
• Have a valid driver's license and a clear driving record
• Have and exhibit unwavering journalistic integrity and ethical standards
• Can deal with the stresses and pressures of time-sensitive newscast production
• Related military experience will be considered
At Hearst Television we tell stories every day. Stories about people of all cultures, backgrounds, perspectives, and identities. That's why, behind the scenes, we believe in being an organization as diverse and varied as the audience we reach, ensuring that the content we create is more compassionate, and more representative of the communities we serve.
Hearst's benefit programs are modern, flexible and designed to focus on you. As a Hearst employee, you and your spouse or partner or dependents would have access to the following benefits.
• Medical | Dental | Vision
• 401(k) matching
• Emotional Wellness Support
• Paid Time Off
• Paid Parental Leave
• LGBTQ+ Health Services
• Additional benefits to meet your and your family's needs
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gmpbzm-44-200-77-92-42 in your application.