Technical Media Producer - WIS
TECHNICAL MEDIA PRODUCER (PRIMARY) - WIS
WIS-TV has been the #1 ranked television station in the capitol city of Columbia, South Carolina for 67 years. WIS broadcasts to 41 of the state's 46 counties, making it truly ''South Carolina's TV Station''. WIS ranks as the #2 ranked NBC in the country (out of 253 affiliates). Among its many former notable on-air staff is NBC Today Show co-host Craig Melvin. Melvin, a Columbia native, got his start as a reporter and anchor for WIS. WIS is an award-winning news operation with over 60 Emmy nominations in the last 5 years. WIS is also the proud recipient of the prestigious Edward R. Murrow Award for Journalism Excellence and has been awarded ''South Carolina Broadcasters Association Station of the Year'' a record 16 times. Our station's rich history of community service supports a diverse Midlands of South Carolina population and has dedicated our support of the state's many veterans (South Carolina is home to the most retired military veterans in the nation) in our ''Year of the Veteran'' initiative which honors and supports veterans many needs. Columbia is also home to Fort Jackson, the US Army's largest army installation for Basic Combat Training in the nation, and employers Blue Cross Blue Shield and Palmetto Health systems. WIS provides over 50 hours of live news per week for the viewers of South Carolina and is proud to have two broadcast icons in Judi Gatson and Rick Henry as reigning TV Anchor and TV Sportscaster of the Year. In 2019, WIS commissioned Columbia's CW on 10.2, which now provides a full schedule of programming and WIS newscasts, including a nightly 10pm newscast. The historic and iconic WIS building is located two blocks from the South Carolina Statehouse and just across the street from the sprawling University of South Carolina. Outdoor enthusiast relish the areas many golf courses that South Carolina has to offer along with boating and fishing on the large 50,000 acre Lake Murray recreational area in Lexington County. Lake Murray is the largest recreational reservoir in the world.
The Technical Media Producer's general responsibility is directing live or pre-recorded productions as assigned, monitoring WIS's on-air streams, transmitter, FCC logs and ingesting daily programming and commercial inventory. Regular assignments will involve directing specific newscasts, misc. station productions, and various elements for our digital content.
The primary job duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Daily work with the following platforms: Ross Overdrive automation, VizRT graphics, Panasonic PTZ cameras, and supporting equipment in the control room. Applications of these skill will include effectively operating robotic camera controls, prompter operation, audio operation and a working knowledge of in-house web production.
- Monitor and manage FCC program & transmitter logs and to comply with FCC broadcast regulations
- Various Master Control duties including completing dub lists, log changes, receiving network feeds, monitoring all on-air channels, etc.
- Work with AP ENPS, newsroom computer system.
- Prep Media for news as needed.
- Understanding of all equipment in studios and production areas.
- Work closely with all other departments to meet all daily demands.
- Training of new personnel as assigned.
- Assist in maintaining clean studios and production areas.
- Other Duties as assigned.
- Great communication and people skills.
- Operating knowledge of PCs and graphics computers.
- Willingness to work a non-traditional schedule. Position may include late nights or early mornings and weekends.
- Sitting or standing for long periods of time.
- Good or corrected hearing and vision.
- Good English-speaking skills, the ability to speak clearly.
Interested applicants can, go to https://gray.tv/careers#currentopenings, you may type in the job title, station call letters, or click on ''apply now'', we encourage you to upload your resume and cover letter
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gm1392-3-238-248-200-42 in your application.