NEWS PRODUCER (P/T) - WIFR
WIFR is owned by Gray Television, Inc. and is a CBS affiliate. We are located in beautiful Northern Illinois with Chicago, Madison, and Milwaukee in our backyard. The Rockford market is an excellent choice for individuals interested in gaining broadcasting experience as well as those looking to make this area their home. Rockford – Small Town Charm with Big City Convenience!
23 WIFR has an immediate opening for a part-time, associate producer in its news department. Duties include assisting our newscast and digital content producers in planning daily news coverage, editing video for newscasts and writing for our TV newscasts and digital platforms, including WIFR.com and our social media platforms. This is an entry-level position and an excellent and rare opportunity to get your foot in the door, while learning from the best journalists in the market.
The successful candidate will be responsible for (but not limited to) the following:
• Log and identify great video and compelling soundbites.
• Write and post copy daily on all digital platforms, including WIFR.com, as new information is learned.
• Understanding of and adherence to AP Style (for digital platforms) and broadcast writing (for television).
• You must have solid news judgement, excellent communication skills and the ability to write clearly and concisely.
• If you cannot meet your deadlines, multi-task in a fast-paced environment and keep smiling, this is not the job or newsroom for you.
This is a part-time position capped at 28 hours a week.
• Must be available to work evenings and weekends.
• The ideal candidate will have or be working towards a degree in Journalism or Communications or another related field. A previous internship or related experience in journalism is a plus.
• Must have a responsible social media presence.
• Must have a desire to win, the ability to reflect on your work and apply feedback.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d88e4q-34-236-187-155-42 in your application.