Digital Anchor / Producer - WIFR
WIFR is owned by Gray Television, Inc. and is a CBS affiliate. We are located in beautiful Northern Illinois with Chicago, Madison, and Milwaukee in our backyard. The Rockford market is an excellent choice for individuals interested in gaining broadcasting experience as well as those looking to make this area their home. Rockford – Small Town Charm with Big City Convenience!
This is a unique position to help build our breaking news and live streaming coverage. The digital anchor will be responsible for identifying and seizing opportunities to go live on our website, station app and OTT devices. You may also be asked to anchor, report for or turn the digital content for TV newscasts.
The ideal candidate will be responsible for (but not limited to) the following:
• Appear on camera through our OTT desk, pitching to breaking news, live-streaming events and other stories throughout the day. You will promote upcoming newscasts and drive urgent coverage.
• Adapt quickly to breaking news and explore all avenues and sources for content.
• Assist with daily coverage, both online and on air.
• Must be energetic, aggressive (but respectful), tenacious, ethical, social media savvy and excited about the future of OTT.
• Possess versatility, speed and accuracy with anchoring, reporting and writing the news.
• Ability to ad lib, edit, produce and write effectively and creatively.
• A natural leader and team player with an outgoing personality.
• Fill-in anchoring, producing or reporting for various on-air newscasts.
• Possess a clear understanding of enterprise reporting and bring fresh ideas to our newsroom on a daily basis.
• Possess a knowledge, or willingness to gain knowledge, of the Rockford DMA.
• Meet all deadlines.
• Work with Gray OTT streaming services.
• Must love to talk and be conversational, but know when to use video, feeds, reporter or anchor knowledge and sound/natural sound to bolster the coverage and give the viewers/listeners more than just a talking head.
EXPERIENCE: College degree and previous TV news experience preferred. Must exhibit good news judgment, have the ability to make quick and accurate decisions, have good communication skills, be able to work under deadline pressure.
Must possess a valid driver's license and good driving record. Pre-employment and random drug screening are a condition of employment.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g3vq25-3-236-98-69-42 in your application.
Gray Television supports local community interests by providing quality television broadcasting and exceptional service in each market we serve. Gray owns and/or operates television stations and leading digital properties in 93 television markets including the first or second highest rated television station in 85 markets. We are an unmatched broadcast pioneer that keeps getting bigger and better.