Sales Account Executive
Sales Account Executive - WIBW
WIBW Television has been Northeast Kansas' News Leader going on 68 years. The station is a CBS affiliate and has a long tradition of excellence in producing 28 1/2 hours of news every week, as well as timely news and sports special programs. The station has just added OTT programming to go along with the daily newscasts, social, web and digital reporting. In Northeast Kansas, weather is often the #1 News story and the 13 Weather team is a leader in covering the ever-changing weather. Excellent weather coverages dates back to the devastating tornado that struck Topeka in 1966. WIBW TV is located on the developing animal research corridor between Kansas City and Manhattan, Kansas. Our News and Sports reporters cover the University of Kansas, Kansas State University, Emporia State University and Washburn University. And the Kansas City professional teams are also prominent in the station sports reporting. WIBW TV was the first station in Kansas, going on the air in 1953 and the station continues to produce the very best in news, weather, sports, web and digital reporting.
Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
• Utilize an entrepreneurial mindset to manage a team through creative communication and marketing strategies in an effort to engage local businesses.
• Develops strong relationships with internal and external customers.
• Develops sales materials to market appropriate services and opportunities to buyers of advertising at local and regional retail accounts and advertising agencies.
• Ability to apply creative strategies for solutions.
• Mobile savvy, as well as a proficiency in presentation programs, MS office, social media, and varied applications.
• Generates, analyzes and interprets internal and external data to identify benefits and market trend.
• Demonstrated experience in development of marketing campaigns and business-to-business marketing.
• Ability to thrive in a multi-tasking, fast-paced and changing environment.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Two years minimum marketing or sales experience required, with digital product experience preferred.
• Must have a valid driver's license with a good driving history.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g6zv69-35-171-146-141-42 in your application.
Gray Television supports local community interests by providing quality television broadcasting and exceptional service in each market we serve. Gray owns and/or operates television stations and leading digital properties in 93 television markets including the first or second highest rated television station in 85 markets. We are an unmatched broadcast pioneer that keeps getting bigger and better.