Multimedia Journalist - WIBW
WIBW Television has been Northeast Kansas' News Leader going on 68 years. The station is a CBS affiliate and has a long tradition of excellence in producing 28 1/2 hours of news every week, as well as timely news and sports special programs. The station has just added OTT programming to go along with the daily newscasts, social, web and digital reporting. In Northeast Kansas, weather is often the #1 News story and the 13 Weather team is a leader in covering the ever-changing weather. Excellent weather coverages dates back to the devastating tornado that struck Topeka in 1966. WIBW TV is located on the developing animal research corridor between Kansas City and Manhattan, Kansas. Our News and Sports reporters cover the University of Kansas, Kansas State University, Emporia State University and Washburn University. And the Kansas City professional teams are also prominent in the station sports reporting. WIBW TV was the first station in Kansas, going on the air in 1953 and the station continues to produce the very best in news, weather, sports, web and digital reporting.
Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
* Excellent writer.
* Excellent shooter and editor.
* Must be able to operate TVU unit and do TVU live without assistance.
* Recruiting a self starter who has ability to work with minimal direction.
* Must be a proficient web in-putter and social media leader.
• College Degree.
• Demonstrated on camera video link showing television news reporting abilities.
• Great communication and people skills
• Competitive, energetic and self-starter
• Strong writing and organizational skills
• Enjoy a fast paced environment with a desire to win
• Ability to meet deadlines, prioritize assignments and handle multiple tasks simultaneously
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gw82zy-3-235-223-5-42 in your application.
Gray Television supports local community interests by providing quality television broadcasting and exceptional service in each market we serve. Gray owns and/or operates television stations and leading digital properties in 93 television markets including the first or second highest rated television station in 85 markets. We are an unmatched broadcast pioneer that keeps getting bigger and better.