WHAM has an immediate opening for a creative News Producer! In this role, you will be responsible for the day-to-day production of our newscasts. This position will also work closely with the Executive Producer, Director, Assignment Desk and Anchors on the newscast and its content. In this position you will determine the content and flow of newscasts, work with management and on-air staff to generate and write stories and develop content for our web site.some previous news producing experience at a commercial TV station, although the right entry-level candidate may be considered
• Writing news stories, headlines and teases
• Contacting news sources for story information
• Producing newscast rundowns
• Making editorial decisions and contributing daily story and content ideas
• Communicating with news crews in the field and disseminating information internally
• Conceiving and creating graphics for news stories
• Contributing content to web, Facebook, and Twitter
• Timing newscasts and communicating newscast directions to news and production staff
• Special projects and assignment editing as needed
• Must have flexibility to work other shifts as needed
• Strong leadership skills
• Excellent communication skills
• Ability to execute news strategies and goals in daily newscasts
• Flexibility and on-the-spot problems solving abilities are a must
• Two (2) years' broadcast experience and a related college degree preferred
• Knowledge of Broadcast Journalism
• Knowledge of ENG, SNG, electronic graphics, social media and newsroom computers
• Ability to work well with others. Creativity, people skills, and a positive, can-do attitude are needed
• Valid driver license
• Must be able to lift up to 30 lbs.
When applying online, please include a recent web link of your work.
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rnkk0k-3-235-139-152-42 in your application.