WHAM: Rochester's news and marketing leader in Upstate New York. We're hard-working, we're award winning, and we believe in the value of each and every member of our team.
WHAM-TV/WUHF-TV has an immediate opening for a creative Content Producer!
The successful candidate will be responsible for the day-to-day production of our newscasts. This position will work closely with the Executive Producer, Director, and Assignment Desk on the newscast and its content. Other responsibilities will include generating content for our web site and social media platforms. Must be able to work in a fast-paced and deadline-driven environment.
• Writing news stories, headlines and teases
• Contacting news sources for story information
• Producing newscast rundowns
• Making editorial decisions and contributing daily story and content ideas
• Communicating with news crews in the field and disseminating information internally
• Conceiving and creating graphics for news stories
• Contributing content to web, Facebook, and Twitter
• Timing newscasts and communicating newscast directions to news and production staff
• Special projects and assignment editing as needed
• Write accurate and compelling web stories
• Post creative content across multiple social media platforms
• Clip and/or create video to be posted on digital platforms
• Must have flexibility to work other shifts as needed
• Strong leadership skills
• Excellent communication skills
• Ability to execute news strategies and goals in daily newscasts
• Flexibility and on-the-spot problem-solving abilities are a must
• Two (2) years' broadcast experience and a related college degree preferred
• Knowledge of Broadcast Journalism
• Knowledge of various social media and newsroom computers
• Ability to work well with others. Creativity, people skills, and a positive, can-do attitude are needed
• Must be able to lift up to 30 lbs.
When applying online, please include a recent web link of your work.
The base hourly compensation range for this role is $18.19 to $20.19 per hour. Final compensation for this role will be determined by various factors such as a candidates' relevant work experience, skills, certifications, and geographic location. Full time positions are eligible for benefits that include participation in a retirement plan, life and disability insurance, health, dental and vision plans, flexible spending accounts, sick leave, vacation time, personal time, parental leave and employee stock purchase plan.
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g3wnx4-18-206-48-243-42 in your application.