West Hollywood, CA
Whalerock is a strategic advisory company that helps brands build media and entertainment experiences. We have created dozens of successful media brands with the world’s most impactful companies, celebrities and networks, including #1-ranked entertainment apps, award-winning web sites and hit TV shows. We devise integrated strategies for content, digital product and marketing; develop bold and innovative creative concepts; and build and oversee teams to bring it all to life.
Whalerock is looking for a highly motivated Data Analyst who enjoys designing scalable analytics in order to tell a story, find trends and identify actionable insights. You are a naturally curious person and a strong storyteller. For you, BI is not just a series of reports and dashboards— you strive to always provide a thoughtful analysis along with a visually impactful report.
You will be designing analytics across various disciplines resulting in actionable recommendations ranging from product strategy, user behavior trends, campaign optimization and marketplace research. You are able to deliver quick data-driven insights; yet you can also engineer dashboards and reports that are extensible and built to last.
We value someone with the ability to take direction and understand the task at hand while applying their own creative solutions to deliver a final product. You have a strong attention to detail and take pride in the quality of your work. You value being part of the team and thrive in a culture of respect.
The ideal candidate…
· Gather, track and analyze KPIs though regular monitoring of performance.
· Proactively communicate with various product/business/engineering teams for creating, modifying and fine-tuning KPIs/metrics/dimensions for existing, new and changing business needs
· Identify trends, flag anomalies and effectively communicate findings with key stakeholders
· Create visually impactful, intuitive and focused dashboards and reports
· Manage and fulfill requests for ad hoc reporting
· Explore new datasets and conduct marketplace research
· Stay up to date on the latest technologies and trends in web and app analytics and data collection
· Able to present data to key stakeholders in a confident and effective manner that draws insights and leads to actionable recommendations
· Detail-oriented and extremely well organized with strong time-management skills
· A self-starter and has the ability to multitask and pivot quickly in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment especially when there are multiple projects and/or clients
· Comfortable with advanced SQL queries
· A Bachelor’s degree (preferably in a business or quantitative field) and 5+ years relevant professional experience
· Experience in a fast-paced digital and/or entertainment environment a plus
· 3+ years working on Tableau and SQL databases
· Strong Excel skills and the ability to manage and analyze large sets of data
· Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills both internally and with outside clients
· Experience with Snowflake database
· Experience with user behavior data
· Experience with Google Marketing Platform
Whalerock is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to equal opportunity for all employees and applicants. The Company recruits, hires, trains, promotes, compensates, and administers all personnel actions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sex stereotyping, pregnancy (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, mental or physical disability, ancestry, medical condition, marital status, military or veteran status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable law.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rek4o2-35-172-223-30-42 in your application.