News Production Assistant (PT)
WGXA has an exciting opportunity for a part-time News Production Assistant!
• Operate the studio camera.
• Operate the teleprompter.
• operate audio and graphics equipment.
• Assist with the logistical setup of news segments.
• Provide assistance to the Producers and other News Department Team Members to ensure the highest quality newscast possible.
• Cross-train in all areas of studio work.
• Perform production tasks necessary in the control room prior to each newscast such as testing the audio equipment, performing mic checks, checking the video levels, making sure On-Air Talent has scripts, etc
• Clearly communicate with Master Control during live newscasts.
• Cross-train in all areas of control room work.
• Provide assistance in the control room to Directors.
• Report problems that I incur on my shift to the appropriate Producers, Directors, or other News Department Team Members.
• Report equipment malfunctions to Producers, Directors, or other News Department Team Members.
• Be an active participant in the Production staff meetings.
• Learn all aspects of production including:
• Studio Cameras, Audio, Graphics, Directing, and video editing.
• Experience is not necessary, but education and/or internship in television or related field preferred
• Training will be provided
• Must be able to work on weekends and holidays
• Other hours as needed, on occasion
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rv7nqw-3-236-68-118-42 in your application.