The Account Executive develops new and incremental revenue, focused on the customer's return on investment. Retains and grows existing key accounts through insight proposals, proof of performance, and maximizing station assets. You would also be responsible for an existing list of active accounts that have a great opportunity for growth. This position offers both a base salary and huge opportunity to grow your income through a rewarding commission structure.
In this role, you will:
• Creates a strategic business plan with the manager to meet and exceed all revenue goals and targets on a monthly, quarterly, annual basis.
• Develop advertising solutions for new customers that deliver results to their customers.
• Upsell current customers by providing proof of performance and solid results.
• Work target accounts in the pipeline at all times. Replenishes as these accounts emerge.
• Source extra accounts (prospects) in the pipeline at all times. Replenish as these accounts emerge.
• Conduct Needs Analyses and account reviews to uncover the customer's most essential needs.
• Possess a deep understanding of local and regional business vertical segments and constantly seeks to learn more.
• Able to demonstrate product knowledge and value to their customers.
• Able to explain the benefits of Digital and its integration with TV, in tandem with digital personnel.
• Effectively negotiate with customers to meet a winning return on investment.
• Collaborate with Account Manager to provide timely and accurate traffic instructions; conducts account maintenance including make-goods posts, and aging/collections.
• In collaboration with Account Manager, create and deliver formal written and verbal presentations to clients.
• Use CRM to manage day to day activity, build a pipeline and ensure execution.
• Use CRM tool for projections, weekly.
• Minimum 2 years business to business sales experience
• Local media sales experience preferred
• Ability to think and lead strategically
• Proven problem solver
TEGNA Inc. (NYSE: TGNA) is an innovative media company that serves the greater good of our communities. Across platforms, TEGNA tells empowering stories, conducts impactful investigations and delivers innovative marketing solutions. With 63 television stations in 51 US markets, TEGNA is the largest owner of top 4 network affiliates in the top 25 markets among independent station groups, reaching approximately 39 percent of all television households nationwide. TEGNA also owns leading multicast networks True Crime Network and Quest. TEGNA Marketing Solutions (TMS) offers innovative solutions to help businesses reach consumers across television, digital and over-the-top (OTT) platforms, including Premion, TEGNA's OTT advertising service. For more information, visit
URL blocked - click to apply
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gpwm30-34-229-119-176-42 in your application.