WGNO-TV, the ABC affiliate in New Orleans, is looking for an experienced and creative news producer. The successful candidate must have outstanding news judgment, must know how to handle breaking news, utilize all live elements, and be dynamic. The candidate must also deliver and contribute accurate, visual, news content across all platforms under deadline in a fast-paced newsroom.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Responsible for evaluating stories; organizing them into a cohesive sequence within a newscast or digital content for the web.
• Oversees writing, production, and timing of broadcast and digital publication that appeals to target audiences.
• Contribute daily to the editorial process with story ideas and make solid decisions in breaking news situations.
• Monitor post-production processes to ensure accurate completion of details.
• Approves scripts
• Balances news and feature content to create compelling broadcasts
• Edits video
• Writes stories for the website and other digital and social platforms
• Interacts with viewers and users on social media sites
• Performs other duties as assigned
• Effective writing skills a must, along with good organizational and communication skills (both verbal and written).
• Strong news judgment, journalistic integrity and understanding of viewer needs and expectations.
• Ability to meet quality standards for service & evaluate customer satisfaction.
• Bachelor's Degree in Journalism, or related field, or equivalent combination of education and at least two years work-related experience preferred.
• Required to post digital/social media content.
• Utilize state-of-the-art broadcast and digital technology.
• Two years line producing experience is preferred.
• Prior experience with Adobe Premiere and ENPS a plus.
• High stress environment with deadline pressures. Must be willing and able to work any and all shifts, including nights, weekends, and holidays and be on call as needed.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gke8wp-3-236-212-116-42 in your application.