WGNO-TV, the Nexstar station In New Orleans, is looking for a hands-on, aggressive, innovative, creative, and dynamic Executive Producer. We are home to Mardi Gras, The Final Four in 2022, The Super Bowl in 2025, College Football Playoffs, Jazz Fest, and dozens of other high-profile events.
The successful candidate will have a proven track record as a newscast producer who desires to coach and mentor our producing staff to their fullest potential.
The EP will help craft the station's daily content and work with the assignment desk, our crews in the field, and producing staff. They will work closely with the News Director, another Executive Producer, Chief Photographer, as well as the Digital EP to set and uphold the high standards for how WGNO News content is produced and executed.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
• Overseeing producing and writing of evening newscasts, including oversight on story selection, content, and production
• Work with management and evening news team to create innovative AND CREATIVE news content across all platforms in an audience-first environment; ability to think differently and critically
• Manage newsroom, contribute to the editorial process, and make solid decisions in breaking news situations
• Lead a team that produces urgent newscasts in a fast-paced work environment
• Coach and train a team of Producers; support a positive work culture
• Collaborate with Newscast Producers, Crews, Digital Producers, Editors, and the Assignment Desk to select and cover stories
• Strong news judgement and working knowledge of current events and community issues
• Produce and write as needed
• Provide regular feedback and coaching on newscast with staff, both as a team and individually
• Perform other duties as assigned
• Rotate as weekend on-call manager
• Coordinate schedules with News Director and other news department managers
Requirements & Skills:
• Bachelor's degree preferred; equivalent experience required
• 5 years of news producing experience PREFERRED
• Must be able to interact well with video journalists, anchors, videographers, news managers, production, and engineering staff
• Supervisory experience preferred
• Demonstrated ability to track and select trending news stories
• Strong news judgment, journalistic integrity and understanding of viewer needs and expectations
• Strong organizational skills and detail oriented
• Ability to work in a rapid, fast-paced environment
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Deadline driven environment can be stressful. Must be willing and able to work all shifts, including nights, weekends, and holidays and be on call as needed.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g67qvn-3-236-232-99-42 in your application.