News Operations Manager - WGCL
CBS46 (WGCL) and Peachtree TV (WPCH) produce more than 54 hours of live, local news, weather, sports and entertainment programming every week. CBS46 is the home of Atlanta's Certified Most Accurate Forecast for 8 years running (certified by WeatheRate). Live and work in the heart one of the fastest growing cities in the country, where technology, filmmaking, tourism, sports, education, health, and music make Atlanta one of the most industry diverse metro areas in the nation.
Do you want to be part of a passionate news team ready to build the flagship hometown station for Gray Television, the largest owner of top-rated local television stations and digital assets in the United States? We are looking for a news operations manager who will remove technology and workflow obstacles to allow our journalists to best connect with our community. The ops manager works with news and technology to optimize the quality of our product on broadcast, streaming, and digital platforms. Serving nearly 7 million viewers in and around this vibrant Southern city, WGCL and Peachtree TV are growing in Atlanta! Invest in our community and culture, and we'll invest in you.
Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Work with news, engineering, and outside vendors to optimize the quality of our product on broadcast, streaming, and digital platforms
- Develop and implement technology workflows to improve effectiveness and efficiency of news operations
- Research, recommend, purchase and deploy technology and equipment updates for digital and broadcast newsgathering
- Train staff on new technology and workflows
- Manage vehicle fleet and equipment inventory
- Manage monthly operations budget
- Oversee safety and risk management compliance
- Directly supervise Chief Photographer and Lead Video Editor
- Minimum 5 years of newsroom experience, minimum 2 years of supervisory experience, some field experience preferred
- Degree in journalism, broadcast engineering, or related preferred, comparable experience considered
- Working knowledge of newsroom systems including automation, IP news gathering and technology, Avid, NRCS platforms, SNG and ENG workflows
- Strong organizational, time management, and communication skills
- Schedule flexibility
- Ability to work independently and as part of team
Qualified, interested applicants may go to https://gray.tv/careers#currentopenings, you may type in the job title, station call letters, or click on ''apply now'', upload your resume, cover letter and references
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gxyjoq-44-200-74-241-42 in your application.