WGAL TV, the Hearst Television owned NBC affiliate in Lancaster/Harrisburg, PA, is seeking a Sales Account Associate. The Sales Account Associate (SAA) position is entry level and serves as an introductory training platform for new recruits pursuing a career in media sales. You will work with the sales team on all aspects of the advertising sales process from qualifying prospects, to proposal development and delivery, through creation of all elements, to accurate execution, and campaign evaluation. The purpose of the SAA role is to provide an actionable learning environment to explore and develop the necessary skills for a successful transition into a future career as a multi-media Sales Account Executive.
• Assist with the development of sales proposals, advertising packages, and client presentations
• Create supportive marketing materials for the sales department
• Evaluate research analytics and apply critical thinking to campaign execution
• Effectively communicate with internal teams including, but not limited to sales, production and finance
• Extrapolate campaign performance metrics and communicate effectively to client representations
• Entering and maintaining all orders including electronic transfer and maintenance of all MediaLine/WOCentral orders to WideOrbit.
• Maintain and organize sales databases.
• Interact with co-workers, clients, and the viewing public in a professional manner via phone, virtual, in-person and written communications
Training and Development:
• Comprehensive 10-12-month training, with ongoing career development and opportunities through the Hearst Sales Development Program.
• Learn industry-leading communication and sales techniques.
• Train with top sales producers.
• Learn software skills on MediaLine and WideOrbit.
• Prepare for the increased responsibilities and rewards that you may be afforded upon successful completion of the Hearst Sales Development Program
• Ability to thrive in a fast-paced work environment, manage multiple projects, and tight deadlines.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills are essential.
• Excellent social, intrapersonal, and presentation skills.
• Must be highly-focused, organized, and detail oriented.
• Proficient in basic math skills as well as the Microsoft Suite of PowerPoint, Excel and Word.
• Must have an entrepreneurial mindset.
• Innate ability and desire to learn quickly and independently
• College degree or relevant experience in sales, marketing, customer service, business administration, or related field. Military training will be considered.
Compensation and Benefits:
• Competitive Pay
• Extensive Training Program
• Health and Welfare Programs Including Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
• Retirement and Income Protection Programs Including a 401k plan
• Work/Life Programs Including Paid Vacation and Holidays
• Career Advancement Opportunities
• Apply to learn more about the great benefits Hearst has to offer!
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gp1boo-3-238-95-208-42 in your application.