WGAL News 8, the Hearst Television NBC affiliate located in the Harrisburg-Lancaster-Lebanon-York, PA market, is looking for a strong, take-charge News Producer who knows how to create memorable newscasts. You have creative vision and have experience making decisions and communicating the plan. You know how to win the big story, own breaking news and display important weather information. You must be fast and able to play well in a room of same-minded pros. You will know how to use digital/social media to find great stories as well as to contribute to all platforms. Accuracy is job one! You will report to the News Director.
• Select, research, and write content for live newscasts to further the ''Coverage You Can Count On'' brand of WGAL News 8
• Work with and guide reporters and photographers to develop visual stories in assigned newscasts
• Coordinate creative vision with team of anchors, reporters, meteorologists, photographers, editors, digital producers, and production staff
• Contributing content to our station's digital and social platforms on a regular basis
• Previous producing experience and newsroom experience
• Experience with ENPS preferred
• Have writing and copy-editing skills
• Coordinate several crews and responsibilities simultaneously
• Experience summarizing complex information into comprehensive segments
• Creative presentation style and ability to showcase all resources and elements
• Unwavering journalistic integrity and ethical standards
• Must be available to work holidays, shifts that include nights, weekends and overnights, and flexible with schedule to be available during breaking news
• Related military experience will be considered
At Hearst Television we tell stories every day. Stories about people of all cultures, backgrounds, perspectives, and identities. That's why, behind the scenes, we believe in being an organization as diverse and varied as the audience we reach, ensuring that the content we create is more compassionate, and more representative of the communities we serve.
Hearst's benefit programs are modern, flexible and designed to focus on you. As a Hearst employee, you and your spouse or partner or dependents would have access to the following benefits.
• Medical | Dental | Vision
• 401(k) matching
• Emotional Wellness Support
• Paid Time Off
• Paid Parental Leave
• LGBTQ+ Health Services
• Additional benefits to meet your and your family's needs
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r7owmk-3-238-180-174-42 in your application.