WFRV-TV Local 5, is looking for a News Anchor/MMJ for their Weekend Newscasts who will serve as a primary presenter and producer of news stories and other content for all platforms in a manner that is clear, engaging and meaningful to news consumers.
As a Multimedia Journalist, be able to identify potential stories, collect, analyze and present facts about newsworthy events with interviews, investigations or observations for all platforms in a manner that is clear, engaging and meaningful to viewers.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
• Presents news stories and other content for all platforms.
• Produce weekend news programming
• Occasionally fill-in as producer of other programing.
• Ensures that all news content meets company standards for journalistic integrity and production quality.
• Writes and delivers news stories in a clear and concise manner.
• Produces newscasts and communicates clear direction with team members.
• Assists in writing, copy editing, researching and coordinating news programming and other content.
• Acts as a field reporter as assigned.
• Conducts interviews with news personnel and others.
• Responds to breaking news and other urgent newsrooms situations as required.
• Participates in promotional activities including public appearances.
• Performs special projects and other duties as assigned.
• Edits video clips as assigned.
• Writes content for the website and other Digital Media platforms.
• Interacts with viewers/users on social media sites.
Requirement & Skills;
• Bachelor's degree in Communications/Journalism or related degree required.
*No phone calls please.
WFRV-TV and Nexstar Media Inc. are an equal opportunity employer
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d8nbek-34-239-154-201-42 in your application.