Photographer / Editor
Green Bay, WI
Are you ready to be a part of a great team? WFRV Local 5, is where you need to be! We're looking for a special person to be a TV news producer and a web producer.
As a news producer
• Produces newscasts for broadcast across all platforms
• Fill-in as relief for other producers
• Writes and orders news stories
• Approves scripts
• Balances news and feature content to create compelling broadcasts
• Edits video
• Writes stories for the website and other platforms
• Interacts with viewers and users on social media sites
• Performs other duties as assigned
As our web producer
• You will regularly produce and distribute content elements across several media platforms.
• Produce, organize, write, and edit content for our digital platform
• Collaborate with news producers and managers to conceptualize, produce and present content on multiple media platforms
• Regularly confer with other team members to pick strongest editorial piece produced daily and optimize those articles for the web sites
• Own the editorial and creative development and coverage of assigned stories across multiple platforms, including but not limited to broadcast, digital and web
Requirements & Skills:
• Bachelor's degree in Communications/Journalism or related degree required
• Ideally one-year minimum experience in newsgathering and/or production
• Experience writing, producing and editing on a desktop editing system
• Knowledge and understanding of various media platforms
• Basic understanding and demonstration of multi-media file formats and strong computer skills
• Understand the importance of social media
The candidate must have a visceral distaste for office politics and gossip. We're also are looking for someone who has their own great ideas, knows how to make them happen, and can help take WFRV Local 5 to the next level.
Nexstar Media Group is America’s largest local television and media company with 196 full power stations (including partner stations) in 114 markets addressing nearly 63% of US television households and a growing digital media operation.