- Full Time
WFRV LOCAL 5, has an immediate opening for our next great, Digital Content Director!
The Digital Content Director, in conjunction with the News Director, sets the vision for our digital-first newsroom and leads the station in accomplishing that vision. The Digital Content Director will lead the digital team that creates and produces the station's digital coverage on all platforms. The Digital Content Director also manages digital projects done by digital and broadcast journalists. We are looking for a newsroom leader who will continue to raise the digital bar for our entire station and inspire the team to reach their goals. The candidate must have a visceral distaste for office politics and gossip.
Previous success leading a team of journalists, growing a news website and mobile views/visits is essential, and experience improving performance is a must. A strategic vision for continuing to increase WFRV Local 5's growth is critical.
SEO knowledge and understanding is essential. Social Media/Audience Engagement experience is also required to lead growth on all social media platforms. We are looking for a person to lead our digital team, drive higher levels of engagement, web traffic, and television viewing from our digital audiences across platforms. The successful candidate must have knowledge of video desktop editing, basic coding, HTML, CMS, Photoshop and word processing programs. They also must have a command of SEO and digital analytics and be able to share the information to help grow our product.
• Develop and lead a digital-first team
• Manage content display across desktop and mobile
• Be a newsroom leader and a fixture in the morning and afternoon editorial meetings
• Strong editorial judgment and journalism ethics
• Reviews copy for correct content, grammar, punctuation, etc.
• Contribute content to relevant events and/or stories as needed
• Assist with special projects planning & execution
• Think strategically about developing the digital audiences and online capacities of newsroom
• Help develop new opportunities to expand news brand and services while utilizing new and emerging Technologies
• Understand and utilize digital analytics
• Live streaming/OBS knowledge
• Work in tandem with News Director and other news managers
• Execute breaking news and weather coverage, including push alerts, social media, email alerts
• Develop and maintain new sections of the websites as news coverage dictates
• Plan for the long-term growth of the sites, sets priorities and plans coverage for major events
• Manage social media, including staff posts and moderation of user comments
• Additional responsibilities as assigned by management
• Demonstrate ability to learn and implement new software programs
• Demonstrate strong time, deadline and multiple project management skills
• Embrace journalistic ethics and have strong understanding of copyright/broadcast law
A degree in journalism or a related field is required. Newsroom experience is preferred. While they will work primarily with news, the Digital Content Director will also work with sales, production, and promotions.
We're also looking for someone who has their own great ideas, knows how to make them happen, and can help take WFRV Local 5 to the next level.
If you're ready to do something unique, exciting, hard and amazing, Apply online at: https://www.wearegreenbay.com/jobs
And let's do this!
WFRV-TV and Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc are an equal opportunity employer
Nexstar Media Group is America’s largest local television and media company with 196 full power stations (including partner stations) in 114 markets addressing nearly 63% of US television households and a growing digital media operation.