WFMY News 2 in Greensboro, NC is looking for an experienced Meteorologist to join our team. The successful candidate must have a passion for winning severe weather and telling a compelling weather story even on bright sunny days. We are looking for a team player who can help with every aspect of meteorology, from forecasting, to preparing graphics, to reporting in the field, you will be an integral part of severe weather coverage, and reaching our consumers not only on TV, but online and on social media. The ideal candidate embraces new technology and is willing to explore new ways to present the weather story. Another ''must have'' is to understand the importance of community involvement by speaking at schools and other community functions.
• Provide accurate and compelling weather forecasts in a multi-platform environment
• Produce clean, creative and informative graphics to tell the weather story
• Write, edit, and report from the field or inside the newsroom
• Updates website and interacts with viewers on social media platforms daily
• Performs special projects and other duties as assigned.
• Makes public appearances
• Effectively and positively reflect the station in the community at all times
• Bachelor's degree, in Meteorology or Atmospheric Science required.
• Minimum of one - three years of on- air experience as a Broadcast Meteorologist
• Applicants should have, or be qualified to apply for, the AMS Certified Broadcast Meteorologist or the AMS Seal of Demonstrated ability to post forecasts, graphics, etc. to various digital media platforms
• Be available to work a flexible schedule, including weekends and holidays, and fill-in when necessary
• Ability to manage multiple priorities and meet deadlines in a fast paced and deadline driven environment
• Current valid driver's license and excellent driving history required
Travel: Occasionally: 10-25%
Work Environment Set: Office: normally performed in a typical interior/office environment
Physical Demands Set: Light work: Involves sitting most of the time, walking, lifting, bending, standing, etc.
TEGNA Inc. (NYSE: TGNA) is an innovative media company that serves the greater good of our communities. Across platforms, TEGNA tells empowering stories, conducts impactful investigations and delivers innovative marketing solutions. With 63 television stations in 51 US markets, TEGNA is the largest owner of top 4 network affiliates in the top 25 markets among independent station groups, reaching approximately 39 percent of all television households nationwide. TEGNA also owns leading multicast networks True Crime Network and Quest. TEGNA Marketing Solutions (TMS) offers innovative solutions to help businesses reach consumers across television, digital and over-the-top (OTT) platforms, including Premion, TEGNA's OTT advertising service. For more information, visit
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gqzj11-3-239-6-58-42 in your application.