14 News, the Tri-State's News and Weather Leader and NBC affiliate, is the dominant #1 news team on all platforms in Evansville, Indiana (DMA 105). We go where the news is covering stories in southwestern Indiana, southeastern Illinois and western Kentucky on air, online and OTT.
14 News has an immediate opening for a talented Reporter/Multi-Media Journalist (MMJ). Successful candidate must be a team player with a great attitude and bring professionalism, personality, energy, and confidence to our newscasts. This person is a strong writer, who has the ability to tell memorable stories, demonstrate strong news judgement, and have a keen sense of logistics.
The successful candidate will be responsible for (but not limited to) the following:
Duties of this job include live reporting, creative shooting, writing, editing and posting of news stories, both hard news and features. Must have good writing skills and must be able to work well under strict deadline pressure.
- Gather, write and present news reports for various newscasts including various digital platforms
- Shoot and edit video and interviews using PS High Definition cameras and non-linear editing programs
- Contribute pictures, video and text updates to mobile platforms consistently throughout the day both the field and the station
- Develop a network of sources
- Participate in story selection process through meetings, and contribute story ideas daily
- Shoot independent live shots
- Other duties as assigned by Content Management
- Bachelor's degree in Journalism or related field
- 1-2 years reporting experience/live reporting, preferred
- Strong verbal and written communication skills including excellent news writing and visual story-telling ability
- Familiarity with digital video cameras, non-linear editing, and Social Media platforms
- Ability to lift 35-40lbs of gear
- Willingness to work evenings, weekends and holidays if needed
- Valid Driver's License
Gray Television provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Gray Television complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Gray Television expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Gray's employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.As a condition of employment, Gray Television will require that newly hired employees, whether part-time or full-time, be fully vaccinated against the coronavirus by the first workday to the extent permitted by applicable law unless you qualify for a medical or religious accommodation.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gkk71p-54-80-249-22-42 in your application.