Sales Account Executive
Junior Account Executive is an entry-level sales position which allows outgoing, organized, creative and competitive individuals to learn the skills to become a successful media seller. If you are a team player who wants to make money while serving the public interest in a fun environment, then we want you to apply.
We'll provide you with a salary while you learn about the benefits of broadcast and digital media marketing, and we'll ramp up your account list as you progress as a seller. You will have the power of two leading TV networks, 36-hours a week of Live Local news, a complete menu of best-in-class digital services, and the stability of America's largest TV broadcast company behind you. You will receive the training and resources you need to succeed, provided in a positive and entertaining environment by a team of highly experienced sales managers. Have fun and make money. Apply now.
• Establish credible relationships with local business community.
• Makes sales calls on existing and prospective clients.
• Maintain assigned accounts and develops new accounts.
• Prepare and delivers sales presentations to clients.
• Inform customers how specific types of advertising will help promote their products or services in the most effective way possible.
• Provide clients with information regarding rates for advertising placement in all media.
• Work with clients and sales managers to develop television and internet advertising schedules.
• Work with clients and station personnel to develop advertisements.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Requirements and Skills:
• Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Advertising or Mass Communications, or a related field, or an equivalent combination of education and work-related experience.
• Fluency in English
• Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
• Valid driver's license with an acceptable driving record.
• Proficiency with computers, telephones, copiers, scanners, fax machines and other office equipment.
Physical Demands & Work Environment:
The Account Executive must be able to sit, conduct telephone conversations, use electronic mail, write letters and memos, conduct face-to-face discussions with individuals or groups, make decisions without supervision, make decisions that positively impact the results of co-workers, work in close proximity to others, work outdoors in all weather conditions, and work indoors in environmentally controlled conditions.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d88y1q-3-233-219-62-42 in your application.
Nexstar Media Group is America’s largest local television and media company with 196 full power stations (including partner stations) in 114 markets addressing nearly 63% of US television households and a growing digital media operation.