Junior Account Executive
WFFF/WVNY is nestled atop Mountain View Drive in Colchester, VT, overlooking nearby Burlington, Lake Champlain, the majestic Green Mountains and the Adirondacks. Outdoor enthusiasts visit from across the country to enjoy all the amenities of a big city, but with a welcoming college-town feel.
Looking for stuff to do? Well, we've got tons. Check it out right here:
From our Church Street Marketplace, a downtown outdoor mall closed to vehicle traffic, to farmer's markets, to Food Truck Fridays, to an explosion of craft breweries, it's pretty tough to beat the unique, local feel!
We're a top 100 market without all the hassles of big city congestion. Be a part of a welcoming community, a great place to live life with plenty of room to grow.
Our brand is LOCAL and we live it every day with local news coverage by our enthusiastic news team, in fact, our news programs are known in this region as Local 22 and Local 44!
We offer factual news and locally produced programming with market-wide digital delivery on https://www.mychamplainvalley.com
Utilize your broadcast sales experience and management skills to lead a team of 8 local sellers in beautiful Burlington, Vermont, one of America's most desirable small cities! Join the country's largest TV group (Nexstar Inc.) and continue to grow our local revenues here in market #96.
Role and Responsibilities:
• The Local Sales Manager position is responsible for creating and executing a sales strategy for two network affiliate television stations with a complementary suite of digital products.
• The candidate must be an effective motivator and innovative thinker able to inspire a local sales team
• Top candidates will have experience training, guiding, and motivating salespeople, including setting goals and monitoring performance.
• Superb communication, both oral and written, an ability to identify the developmental needs of others, and to coach and mentor others to improve their performance are necessary skills.
• Leading candidates will have a successful track record of generating new business and of selling big events and ideas to clients and agencies.
• They will also have proven forecasting processes and abilities.
• A working knowledge of Microsoft Office, Nielsen, ComScore, Prime Lingo, Matrix and Wide Orbit are a plus.
• Oversight of new business development
• Train team on sales tactics, approach and overcoming objections
• Effectively develop relationships with decision-makers and influencers in the market
• Maximize the value of network TV schedules and of Nexstar content initiatives
• Provide superior service that results in high levels of advertiser retention
• Know your numbers and be process-oriented when it comes to sales fulfillment
• Be active in the communities we serve
Nexstar Media Group is America’s largest local television and media company with 196 full power stations (including partner stations) in 114 markets addressing nearly 63% of US television households and a growing digital media operation.