At WFAA, TEGNA Media's ABC affiliate in Dallas, TX, we are looking for a highly skilled Photojournalist/ Storyteller to join our National Award-Winning Photography staff. Someone who desires to break out of the traditional format and demonstrates a willingness to break the mold. Our photojournalism is rooted in the NPPA storytelling. You must have a strong understanding of all platforms and be able to create shareable and exciting content for a television and digital audience. A successful candidate must be eager to tell great stories on their own or with a team by capturing creative video & audio elements that produce compelling and engaging news, sports, and feature stories in a deadline environment.
We pride ourselves at providing the highest quality visual and audio standards. A culture of innovative, visual content across all WFAA shows and platforms and ensure high ethical standards. Our reputation has been built on dedication to our mission both journalistically and in service to the community we live in – our people are passionately involved.
• Passion for capturing video & audio elements that produce compelling and engaging news, features in a deadline environment
• Edit stories with Adobe Premiere or Edius and ability to adapt to other editing platforms as needed.
• DSLR and Sony digital cinema camera experience preferred
• Adobe After Effects experience is a plus
• Enterprise content ideas
• Shoot multi-camera interviews
• Work with WFAA Digital Team to provide stills, audio and other requested content for social media posts on the station's main platforms
• Plan, shoot, edit both daily and long-form television news stories.
• Must be able to handle multiple projects at once.
• Attend and contribute to weekly planning meetings.
• Certified FAA Drone Pilot is a plus.
• Able to Operate ENG van and live remote equipment
• Familiarity with all distribution platforms including Facebook, Twitter, Internet, etc.
• Post to social media, editing social videos, and creating digital content.
• Excellent organizational skills
• Knowledge of live remote units, ex., TVU, Dejero, and LiveU.
• BA/BS in journalism, communications or related field
• 3-5 years of experience as a TV photojournalist and news editor preferred.
• Must help promote a culture of innovative storytelling
• Advance storytelling experienced required
• Must be able to tell the news story creatively with strong audio and visual skills
• Must be able to make quick decisions while working under pressured deadlines
• Must be flexible with schedule, reliable and dependable, with ability to travel with short notice.
• Active member of the National Press Photographers Association (NPPA) preferred.
• Strong computer skills in a mobile environment required.
• Must have a valid driver's license, able to lift up to 40 lbs. and occasionally up to 80 pounds with or without an accommodation.
• Travel: Rarely: less than 10%
• Work Environment Set: Outdoors: performed in various outdoor environmental conditions.
• Physical Demands Set: Heavy work: Involves standing, stooping, bending, using force, lifting/pushing up to 50 lbs.
TEGNA Inc. (NYSE: TGNA) is an innovative media company that serves the greater good of our communities. Across platforms, TEGNA tells empowering stories, conducts impactful investigations and delivers innovative marketing solutions. With 63 television stations in 51 US markets, TEGNA is the largest owner of top 4 network affiliates in the top 25 markets among independent station groups, reaching approximately 39 percent of all television households nationwide. TEGNA also owns leading multicast networks True Crime Network and Quest. TEGNA Marketing Solutions (TMS) offers innovative solutions to help businesses reach consumers across television, digital and over-the-top (OTT) platforms, including Premion, TEGNA's OTT advertising service. For more information, visit
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d25b35-44-200-82-149-42 in your application.