WEYI/WBSF of Flint, MI has an immediate opening for a Digital Content Producer , who would also have Assignment Desk duties. We have a Digital Content Center, and want to offer digital and social users' coverage they care about, the kind that impacts their lives and which they cannot find anywhere else. In this role, you will be responsible for the day-to-day content on our digital platforms, along with the ability to move and assign crews strategically.
The ideal candidate will have:
• Solid news judgment
• Be a compelling and accurate writer
• Be able to multitask and manage time in order to put together an exciting and informative newscast
• Ability to work in a fast-paced and deadline driven environment
• Strong leadership and communication skills
• Assisting in the efficient operations of the assignment desk
• Flexibility and on-the-spot problem solving abilities are a must
• Proficient with non-linear editing (i.e. Avid) and newsroom systems, such as iNews
Requirements and Qualifications:
• Commitment to journalistic standards of ethics and accuracy
• Proficiency with Facebook, Twitter and emerging social media platforms
• Ability to learn to execute news strategies and goals
• Must be able to work a flexible schedule including evenings, weekends, and holidays
• At least some previous news producing experience at a commercial TV station is preferred, although the right entry-level candidate may be considered
• A Journalism degree is preferred
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rn5j5k-44-200-82-149-42 in your application.