Digital Strategist, WEWS-TV
Digital Strategist, WEWS-TV (Hybrid - Cleveland)
Come join our team and play a pivotal role in achieving our digital goals! The E.W. Scripps Company and WEWS-TV is seeking a Digital Strategist, responsible for driving revenue growth through expert product knowledge, creating custom campaign presentations, and providing sales expertise and campaign strategy/guidance to a team of Account Executives and their respective clients. This is a market-based, client-facing role working under the guidance of the Director of Sales.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
• Provide guidance, participate in product training for designated products which include but are not limited to: Local Display/Video, Targeted Network Display/Pre-roll, OTT/CTV solutions, email and contesting.
• Make 4 legged sales calls to consistently achieve digital market revenue goals by increasing digital campaigns with new and existing clients.
• Provide campaign guidance to Account Executives; develop strategy, help create presentations, establish KPIs, provide pacing, assist in the close of the sale, provide optimization and upsell recommendations.
• Conduct one-on-one meetings with account executives to review pacing, spending, etc..
• Knowledge of competitive landscape and monitors market trends and industries to identify new opportunities.
• Other duties as assigned
WHAT YOU'LL NEED:
• Bachelor's degree in related discipline or equivalent experience
• 3 - 5 years sales experience, closing business and managing clients
• Prefer experience in a sales leadership, advisory, or supervisory capacity
• Experience in creating and successfully executing multi-faceted digital campaigns
WHAT YOU'LL BRING:
• Working knowledge of Google Analytics, AdWords, DFP, Facebook Audience Insights.
• Strong analytical skills and data driven thinking.
• Demonstrated record of success in a goal oriented, highly accountable sales environment
• Must have proven prospecting and closing capabilities.
• Full understanding of entire digital portfolio of products
• Successfully sell designated digital products
• Ability to craft solutions quickly based on needs assessment
• Excellent presentation, public speaking, interpersonal and communication skills.
• Ability to develop campaigns, communicate effectiveness and make recommendations that result in effective advertiser solutions
• The ability to read, analyze, and interpret sales demographics to develop creative sales solutions
• Ability to generate reports, business correspondence, and deliver internal and/or client-facing presentations
• Strong communication skills and the capability to effectively respond to questions from managers, colleagues and customers.
• Must have the ability to calculate figures related to advertising rates, discounts, packages, ad sizes, commissions and mileage.
• Proficient use of Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Outlook), Google Sheets/Docs/Slides and other programs such as customer relations software (WideOrbit, AdBook)
• Must have good organizational skills and ability to meet deadlines
• Normal office environment
• Some overnight travel required
• Valid driver's license, good driving record, and ability to provide proof of insurance with the company required insurance limits.
If you are a current Scripps employee, please do not apply on this site. Please access our internal career site at Worklife > My Info > View Open Positions at Scripps.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-dy5nqm-100-26-196-222-42 in your application.