WEWS, the ABC affiliate in Cleveland, Ohio owned by The E.W. Scripps Company is on the lookout for a dynamic and innovative Reporter to join our team. The ideal candidate will possess the skills to unearth, propose, and craft stories that resonate with and impact the local community. We seek an individual who relishes every facet of the storytelling process.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
• Receive assignment or evaluate news leads and news tips to develop story ideas.
• Gather and verify factual information regarding stories through interview, observation, and research.
• Organize material, determine emphasis, and write story according to prescribed editorial style and format standards.
• Edit, or assists in editing, videos for all multimedia platforms.
• Appear on television program when conducting taped interview or narration.
• Give live reports from site of event or mobile broadcast unit.
• Work cooperatively with photographer assigned to story.
• Assist news producer in preparing newscast.
• Assist online staff in preparing for multimedia stories.
WHAT YOU'LL NEED:
• Bachelor's degree in broadcast journalism or related degree or equivalent years of experience.
• Generally, 3+ years experience in related field preferred.
WHAT YOU'LL BRING:
• Computer literacy required, including newsroom computer systems.
• Videography and non-linear editing experience preferred.
• Knowledge of broadcast quality camera equipment.
• Edit video on Final Cut Pro editing systems, or similar equipment.
• Strong broadcast and AP style writing skills.
• Proficient at posting content to various websites.
• Self-motivated and able to work in a fast-paced deadline-driven environment.
• Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds.
• Valid driver's license, good driving record, and ability to provide proof of insurance with the company required insurance limits.
If you are a current Scripps employee, please do not apply on this site. Please access our internal career site at Worklife > My Info > View Open Positions at Scripps.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gqxq46-34-239-154-201-42 in your application.