WESH 2/CW18, the Hearst-Owned NBC affiliate in the Orlando-Daytona Beach-Melbourne DMA, is looking for a Reporter who can create story ideas, conduct informed interviews, develop sources, and build compelling live shots. You will be a strong, take-charge reporter who hits the ground running every day. We value strong enterprise reporting and we're looking for someone who finds the stories that lead newscasts. In addition to credibility, poise, and personality, you are not afraid to head out into the field, ask the tough questions and break the big stories. You will be a versatile, enterprising self-starter who is fast, efficient, works well under tight deadlines, can develop sources, and has excellent live reporting skills. You will report to the News Director.
• Regularly plans, gathers and assembles stories on day-of news or special project assignments
• Works with a photographer to gather and edit compelling video and captivating sound
• Coordinates with news managers and producers to develop stories that go beyond surface details, that accentuate unique enterprise angles, and have exclusive content
• Works with producers in newscast production
• Develops a network of sources who provide tips, early access to information, and allow the reporter to break stories of significance.
• Will contribute pictures, video and text updates to mobile platforms consistently throughout the day
• Can juggle multiple stories and projects at once, demonstrates exceptional time-management skills by meeting all deadlines under extraordinary pressure.
• Unwavering journalistic integrity and ethical standards
• In-person attendance is required and you will be based out of our Volusia County Bureau in Daytona Beach
• Past reporting experience required
• Demonstrated ability to enterprise and uncover
• Your demo reel should be indicative of your everyday work
• Strong writing and storytelling skills
• Ability to operate mobile transmission devices and use latest technology
• Can work in all weather conditions and carry up to 50 pounds
• Has a valid driver's license, can drive large vehicles over long distances, and a clear driving record
• Ability to work varied shifts, including overnights and weekends
• Can deal with the stresses and pressures of time-sensitive newscast production
• Equivalent military training from Defense Information School (DINFOS) and associated experience will be considered.
• Hearst Television is a proud supporter of military veterans. Related military training and experience will be considered.
At Hearst Television we tell stories every day. Stories about people of all cultures, backgrounds, perspectives, and identities. That's why, behind the scenes, we believe in being an organization as diverse and varied as the audience we reach, ensuring that the content we create is more compassionate, and more representative of the communities we serve.
Hearst's benefit programs are modern, flexible and designed to focus on you. As a Hearst employee, you and your spouse or partner or dependents would have access to the following benefits.
• Medical | Dental | Vision
• 401(k) matching
• Emotional Wellness Support
• Paid Time Off
• Paid Parental Leave
• LGBTQ+ Health Services
• Additional benefits to meet your and your family's needs
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rn0ey5-3-214-184-223-42 in your application.