Producer - WECT
PRODUCER (MORNING SHOW) - WECT
WECT has been informing and entertaining viewers in southeastern North Carolina for 68 years. We're in the rapidly growing Wilmington market, serving New Hanover, Brunswick, Columbus, Pender, and Bladen Counties that make up the beautiful coastal Cape Fear Region. WECT is the dominant broadcast station in the market with the most accessible local news on-air, online, mobile, and streaming platforms.
WECT is looking for a driven, creative morning show producer who works well with a team of talented professionals to create compelling newscasts. Excellent news judgment, superb writing skills, and a knack for showcasing stories for the viewer are key. You must demonstrate a clear understanding of the relationship between broadcast and digital/ OTT platforms as well as how to build a newscast (not stack stories).
Duties/Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
• Produce live newscasts daily
• Select content
• Write scripts
• Communicate with anchors, assignment desk, field crews, editors, and others to ensure execution of a high- quality newscast
• Produce live breaking news and special event coverage
• Participate in daily editorial meetings
• Occasionally write/edit stories for digital
• Bachelor's degree in journalism or related field preferred, equivalent experience considered
• Experience as a producer preferred, but not required
• Excellent writing, showcasing, time management skills required
If you feel you're qualified and want to work with a great group of people go to https://gray.tv/careers#currentopenings, you may type in the job title, station call letters, or click on ''apply now'', upload your resume, cover letter and references
WECT-TV/Gray Television Group, Inc. is a drug-free company
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g614x9-3-238-250-73-42 in your application.