News Reporter / MMJ - WECT
WECT has been informing and entertaining viewers in southeastern North Carolina for 68 years. We're in the rapidly growing Wilmington market, serving New Hanover, Brunswick, Columbus, Pender, and Bladen Counties that make up the beautiful coastal Cape Fear Region. WECT is the dominant broadcast station in the market with the most accessible local news on-air, online, mobile, and streaming platforms.
WECT is looking for a Full-time Multimedia Journalist who wants to make a big impact in our community. The ideal candidate would join our team and could jump in to write, edit and produce high-quality stories. This position will be filled by a hard-working, passionate journalist with great news judgment who also has a positive attitude and wants to tell stories in the Cape Fear region of North Carolina. We're looking for someone who can quickly report and produce content for digital, social, OTT and broadcast as assigned, manage and develop stories from concept to publication. There is also the potential for fill-in anchoring opportunities.
Duties and responsibilities will include (but not be limited to) the following:
• Pitch 3 viable, developed story ideas per shift (not topics)
• Develop and cultivate sources; enterprise stories
• Produce a minimum of one package or two to three VOSOTs per shift
• Create engaging digital and social content
• Bachelor's degree in journalism or related field preferred
• Strong writing skills (broadcast and print style)
• Experience with CMS/digital publishing platforms
• Experience with broadcast newsroom software such as ENPS
• Experience with video editing software (preferably Edius)
• Must be able to lift 25-30 lbs and pass a motor vehicle background check
If you feel you're qualified and want to work with a great group of people go to https://gray.tv/careers#currentopening, you may type in the job title, station call letters, or click on ''apply now'', upload your resume, cover letter and references
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g309yq-44-192-38-248-42 in your application.