WECT News has been where News Comes First in Southeastern North Carolina for over 67 years. We're a dual station broadcasting on NBC (WECT) and Fox (WSFX-Fox Wilmington). We're in the rapidly growing Wilmington DMA (128), serving New Hanover, Brunswick, Columbus, Pender, and Bladen counties that make up the beautiful coastal Cape Fear Region. WECT is the most accessible local news outlet in our market, with wect.com, mobile, and streaming platforms. WECT is the dominant #1 station in the market.
WECT - Wilmington, NC
Work from a news anchor's perspective
Link - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zTvKAdqYS3I&feature=youtu.be
We're looking for a Full-time Morning Multimedia Journalist who isn't afraid of jumping in to write, edit and produce high-quality stories. Position will be filled by a hard-working, passionate journalist with great news judgment who also has a positive attitude and wants to tell stories in the Cape Fear region of North Carolina. We're looking for someone who can quickly report and produce content for digital, social, OTT and broadcast as assigned, manage and develop stories from concept to publication, clip and post video to all digital platforms and OTT for on-demand consumption.
Your responsibilities will include (but not be limited to) the following:
• Pitch 3 viable, developed story ideas per shift (not topics)
• Develop and cultivate sources; enterprise stories
• Produce a minimum of one package or two to three VOSOTs per shift
• Create engaging digital and social content
• Bachelor's degree in journalism or related field
• Strong writing skills (broadcast and print style)
• Experience with CMS/digital publishing platforms
• Experience with broadcast newsroom software such as ENPS
• Experience with video editing software (preferably Edius)
• Must be able to lift 25-30 lbs and pass a pre-employment drug screen and motor vehicle background check
Interested applicants can, go to https://gray.tv/careers#currentopenings, you may type in the job title, station call letters, or click on ''apply now'', we encourage you to upload your resume and cover letter
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-dyx3y0-34-239-177-24-42 in your application.