WECT News has been where News Comes First in Southeastern North Carolina for over 65 years. We're a dual station broadcasting on NBC (WECT) and Fox (WSFX-Fox Wilmington). We're in the rapidly growing Wilmington DMA (126), serving New Hanover, Brunswick, Columbus, Pender, and Bladen counties that make up the beautiful coastal Cape Fear Region. WECT is the most accessible local news outlet in our market, with wect.com, mobile, and streaming platforms. WECT is the dominant #1 station in the market.
WECT News in Wilmington, NC is seeking a dynamic full-time Digital Content Producer. We're looking for someone to produce engaging content for our digital and social platforms who has a knack for news and speaks the social media language. This position is not for someone who wants to sit around and wait for the news to come to them. The successful candidate must be driven, creative and an active content creator. We are looking for a top-notch digital journalist who can write an AP-style news story for the web quickly and without errors. This producer may also step in front of the camera to provide quick, informative digital updates to supplement written copy.
Your responsibilities will include (but not be limited to) the following:
• Writes AP-style news stories daily for web
• Subsequently posts engaging content on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram
• Sends breaking news and trending push alerts
• Utilizes analytics to track trends in daily decision-making
• Copy-edits digital stories from reporters and other newsroom staff
• Knowledge and use of effective SEO practices
• Livestreams events using station technology for web and Facebook
• Monitors comments and messages on the WECT social media pages
• Creates memes, videos and graphics for social engagement
• Communicates effectively with producers to incorporate web and social elements into newscasts
• Attends and contributes in digital and editorial meetings
• Edits videos using non-linear software; Edius a plus
• A background in journalism and communications with strong writing skills preferred
• A solid understanding of social media and analytics
• 1-2 years newsroom and digital content producing experience preferred
• Must have a solid grasp of AP Style, the ability to write clearly with sound grammar and under deadline pressure
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d5p5q7-34-231-243-21-42 in your application.