METEOROLOGIST (PM SHIFT) - WEAU
WEAU 13 News broadcasts to 26 counties in western Wisconsin and southeastern Minnesota. We're an hour drive away from the Minneapolis/St. Paul metro area in a growing community with great schools and health care.
Are you passionate about weather? WEAU 13 News is seeking a meteorologist candidate to join our 3-person weather team! Experience is a plus but not required. Recent graduates are welcome and encouraged to apply. This position will include weekend weather anchoring with no news reporting required.
Your responsibilities will include (but not be limited to) the following:
• Forecasting, producing and presenting clear and concise weathercasts 5 days a week. Scheduling will include both weekend and weekday weather anchoring. You will also train to fill in for our morning meteorologist as needed. You will work on the WSI-MAX weather system, including Storm, Engage and Connect.
• We provide weather information on multiple platforms so in addition to weather anchoring, you will be producing daily content for WEAU.com, our mobile weather app, and for our strong and growing social media audience.
• Live, on-location weather reporting.
• A strong on-air, conversational style is a must.
• Making public appearances on behalf of the station.
• Knowledge of WSI Systems.
• Some on air experience, either professionally or in college, required
• Certification and a meteorology or atmospheric sciences degree are preferred.
• Understanding of and adherence to AP Style (on digital platforms) and broadcast writing for television.
• Excellent communication skills (written and verbal), proven news judgment, ethics and integrity.
• Strong work ethic, organizational and leadership skills. Must be able to work quickly, make deadlines, multi-task and show composure, especially during active and severe weather.
• Ability to work long hours/overtime, weekends, and overnights as needed for breaking and severe weather and specialized coverage.
Interested applicants can, go to https://gray.tv/careers#currentopenings, you may type in the job title, station call letters, or click on ''apply now'', we encourage you to upload your resume and cover letter
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gwnyqp-34-239-160-86-42 in your application.