News Anchor / Producer / MMJ
Eau Claire, WI
Evening News Anchor / Producer - WEAU
WEAU 13 News broadcasts to 26 counties in western Wisconsin and southeastern Minnesota. We're an hour drive from the Minneapolis/St. Paul metro area in a growing community with great schools and health care.
WEAU is affiliated with NBC and produces 30 hours of news every week.
WEAU has an opening for a main anchor. The ideal candidate has experience in all areas of a newsroom: anchor, reporter, photographer, editor and producer. This is not an entry-level opportunity; a minimum of three years experience is needed to be considered for this position.
Your responsibilities will include (but not be limited to) the following:
- Anchor nightly newscasts
- Edit video and stories for broadcast
- Produce and anchor newscasts, as assigned
- Interview subjects and research facts for accuracy
- Collaborate with news managers, producers and reporters for content and newscast development
- Participate in community events and make public appearances on behalf of the station, as assigned
- Use social media to engage with community and help generate contacts and story ideas
- Follow clothing and appearance guidelines
- A BA/BS degree in broadcast journalism, political science or related field is preferred
- Prior professional experience working in media is required
- Strong writing skills and experience writing for newscasts
- Excellent communication and leadership capabilities
- Solid technical and computer skills, with the ability to shoot, edit, write, and technically direct content independently
- A valid driver's license and good driving record
Come join our dynamic team, go to https://gray.tv/careers#currentopening, you may type in the job title, station call letters, or click on ''apply now''
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d91y14-3-238-95-208-42 in your application.
Gray Television supports local community interests by providing quality television broadcasting and exceptional service in each market we serve. Gray owns and/or operates television stations and leading digital properties in 93 television markets including the first or second highest rated television station in 85 markets. We are an unmatched broadcast pioneer that keeps getting bigger and better.