WEAU 13 News broadcasts to 26 counties in western Wisconsin and southeastern Minnesota. We're an hour drive from the Minneapolis/St. Paul metro area in a growing community with great schools and health care. WEAU is affiliated with NBC and produces 30 hours of news every week.
WEAU is looking for an engaging storyteller to anchor and co-produce on weekends and report three days a week as an MMJ.
Anchor experience preferred, not required.
Your responsibilities will include (but not be limited to) the following:
- Anchor weekend newscasts; fill-in during week, as needed
- Use editorial judgment to determine content of local newscasts
- Use social media to engage with community and help generate contacts and story ideas
- Post daily to all digital platforms and social media including attaching images and streaming video
- Interview subjects and research facts for credibility
- Produce and anchor newscasts as assigned
- Follow clothing and appearance guidelines
- Collaborate with news managers, producers and reporters for content and newscast development
- Edit video and stories for broadcast
- Participate in community events and make public appearances on behalf of the station, as assigned
- Must have a good driving record
- Must be able to handle on-air responsibilities
- Must be a strong writer with solid news judgment
- Educational background in electronic mass media/journalism
- Experience shooting and editing
- Experience running live backpack unit
- Flexibility with respect to scheduling and/or assigned work shifts
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r71709-3-236-98-69-42 in your application.