WEAR is looking for a take-charge General Assignment Reporter to help us continue to grow and empower our audiences! We are seeking a motivated, energetic, creative, and aggressive reporter who can think and perform outside the box. The ideal candidate should be able to develop story ideas and gather information for newscasts, have sound writing skills, a great work ethic, and a can-do attitude. The best person for this job will have excellent live shot skills and thrives on breaking stories
No day will look the same as a Reporter, however, the main responsibilities of the role will include:
• Create, shoot, write and edit meaningful stories for station's newscast that can be used across multiple platforms
• Provide news on-air as directed from the news management team
• Engaging with local community members
• Reviewing material for fairness, accuracy, and balance
• Work closely with all members of the news team, which would include Producers, Editors, Anchors, News Directors etc..
Additionally, this person should have a…
• Proven knowledge and experience working with current media creation tools and contemporary newsroom systems
• Excel in storytelling across multiple platforms
• Strong writing and copy-editing skills are a must
• 2 years of experience as a Reporter
• Must be able to work well under pressure to meet strict deadlines
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gm5z43-3-236-231-61-42 in your application.