WDTV (CBS), WVFX (FOX), EVFX (CW), and EDTV (MeTV) combine to provide local news and weather to all of North Central West Virginia. CBS and FOX combine to carry a predominant number of games for the local favorite Pittsburgh Steelers and FOX's Big 12 affiliation brings us our treasured WVU football games. We are the largest TV source for local news and entertainment for our local 12 county area. Celebrating decades of service and as a local news leader, WDTV features a recently upgraded news studio and a news team dedicated to local news. We pride ourselves on breaking news and weather alerts, and digging deep into the issues affecting our communities. We're dedicated to informing the public, utilizing television, social media and the area's only live-streaming newscast.
Our team produces six daily newscasts M-F and four newscasts each weekend. Among many other awards, WDTV has won the WV Broadcasters award 2 years in a row for the best morning newscast. WDTV has had the privilege of helping train and launch the careers of many well-known national journalists, top-market meteorologists, and network and cable executives. The work family of WDTV is made up of a group of dedicated professional and passionate individuals who are the backbone of our daily mission. WDTV/WVFX is located in beautiful north central West Virginia, about 90 minutes south of Pittsburgh, and 30 minutes south of Morgantown. West Virginia in general is comprised of several small cities and very rural in nature making it a great small town family atmosphere.
WDTV is seeking a reporter that is passionate about the art of storytelling through crafted scripts, compelling interviews, creative video, meaningful natural sound and skilled editing. We want someone assertive and works to uncover news, not merely cover it. The candidate must be able to ask the tough questions but also someone who can connect with people and tell stories about the human condition. The candidate should have strong reporting and shooting skills, leadership qualities, solid news judgment and the ability to multitask.
The successful candidate will be responsible for (but not limited to) the following:
• Present information in a fair, unbiased manner, ensuring the information is accurate and of interest to viewers.
• Develop story ideas to present in morning/afternoon news meeting.
• Eager to report, go live, onset debrief of story
• You must have strong writing, shooting and editing skills, ability to post stories to the web and read from a computer monitor
• Work contacts and establish self in beat counties and community
• Ability to handle moderate stress on a regular basis, meet daily and long-range deadlines, work well with others in a team atmosphere and contribute meaningful content daily
• Candidate should have a degree in Journalism or related field
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g4yvzv-3-236-50-173-42 in your application.