News Reporter/ MMJ - WDTV
WDTV (CBS), WVFX (FOX), EVFX (CW), AND EDTV (MeTV) combine to provide local news and weather to all of North Central West Virginia. CBS and FOX combine to carry a predominant number of games for the local favorite Pittsburgh Steelers and FOX's Big 12 affiliation brings us our treasured WVU football games. We are the largest TV source for local news and entertainment for our area. Celebrating decades of service and as a local news leader, WDTV features a recently upgraded news studio and a news team dedicated to local news. We pride ourselves on breaking news and weather alerts, and digging deep into the issues affecting our communities. We're dedicated to informing the public, utilizing television, social media and the area's only live-streaming newscast.
WDTV is seeking a Reporter/MMJ that is passionate about the art of storytelling through crafted scripts, compelling interviews, creative video, meaningful natural sound and skilled editing. We want someone assertive and works to uncover news, not merely cover it. The candidate should have strong reporting and shooting skills, leadership qualities, solid news judgment and the ability to multitask.
Duties/Responsibilities include (but not limited to):
- Must have good news judgment and be able to use editorial judgment to determine the content and quality of newscasts
- Enterprise and pitch compelling and important news stories daily
- Write effectively for television social media and digital platforms
- Fill in anchor/produce newscasts as necessary
- Possess great live reporting skills both in studio and in the field
- Interview news subjects research topics and guests for facts and credibility
- Ability to communicate effectively with newsroom managers, producers and co-workers
- Must be an excellent writer
- Knowledge of journalism ethics and legal issues
- Ability to meet news deadlines
- Strong organizational skills and possess the ability to multi-task and work under pressure
- Maintain a professional appearance
- Must possess a valid Driver's License with a good driving record
If you feel you're qualified and want to work with a great group of people go to https://gray.tv/careers#currentopenings, you may type in the job title, station call letters, or click on ''apply now'', upload your resume, cover letter and references
(Current employees that are interested in this position can apply through the Gray-TV UltiPro employee portal)
WDTV-TV/Gray Television Group, Inc. is a drug-free company
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gqxkp9-44-197-101-251-42 in your application.