NEWS ANCHOR/REPORTER (EVENING) - WDTV
WDTV (CBS), WVFX (FOX), EVFX (CW), AND EDTV (MeTV) combine to provide local news and weather to all of North Central West Virginia. CBS and FOX combine to carry a predominant number of games for the local favorite Pittsburgh Steelers and FOX's Big 12 affiliation brings us our treasured WVU football games. We are the largest TV source for local news and entertainment for our area. Celebrating decades of service and as a local news leader, WDTV features a recently upgraded news studio and a news team dedicated to local news. We pride ourselves on breaking news and weather alerts, and digging deep into the issues affecting our communities. We're dedicated to informing the public, utilizing television, social media and the area's only live-streaming newscast.
WDTV is seeking a candidate regularly responsible for anchoring newscasts and periodically working on spotlight reporter stories. The select candidate should be a newsroom leader and should help with story generation and be willing to anchor from the field at times. The candidate should thrive in breaking news situations and urgent/active delivery. This position requires a person who is digitally savvy and can engage with viewers on-air and online. This candidate must be able to shoot, edit and write, while still working in the collaborative environment of the newsroom. The select candidate must demonstrate flexibility in the newsroom and on-air, and present an energetic personality while delivering the news. The select candidate must be a team player.
Duties/Responsibilities include (but not limited to):
- Write news stories under deadline
- Present news in an urgent & active manner
- Shoot, edit & write as a reporter on special reports
- Produce content for wdtv.com
- Follow strategic plan for newsroom
- Assist with producing newscasts as a ''command anchor''
- Pitch story ideas in line with mission of newsroom
- Must have excellent people skills to deal with a wide range of staff members and experience levels
- Must show ability to connect with the audience
- College degree or equivalent job experience in a journalism-related field
- Leadership skills
- Exceptional news judgment
- Exceptional ability to write for broadcast
- Professional knowledge of news operations are required
If you feel you're qualified and want to work with a great group of people go to https://gray.tv/careers#currentopenings, you may type in the job title, station call letters, or click on ''apply now'', upload your resume, cover letter, and references
(Current employees who are interested in this position can apply through the Gray-TV UltiPro self-service portal)
WDTV-TV/Gray Television, Inc. is a drug-free company
Gray Television encourages all new employees to be fully vaccinated against the coronavirus virus prior to the first workday.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-dy2k10-44-200-117-166-42 in your application.