- Full Time
Job DescriptionWDTN is looking for a Digital Content Producer to publish stories and produce content for WDTN. This position is responsible for hour by hour execution of the digital content plan. This includes showcasing news, weather and sports content on all platforms. This person will also manage station Social Media platforms. Ownership of the ''rundown'' of stories on the site and elements in those stories is a major part of the digital producer role. This position will also work with journalists throughout the organization to develop content which includes unique video clips, photo galleries, data graphics, text stories, regional content, national content of interest and other tasks as assigned
• Create, edit and publish content on digital platforms, including website, mobile app and social media.
• Perform tasks with urgency, immediacy and accuracy.
• Cast a wide net for content on both broadcast and digital, including searches of social media sites, public records and documents, and other sources.
• Work irregular/odd hours and available to work evenings, weekends and holidays.
• Think strategically about growing our digital audiences and ways we can improve content choices.
• Help develop new opportunities to expand news brand and services to new and emerging technologies.
• Additional responsibilities as assigned by management.
Requirements & Skills:
• Degree in journalism, multi-media arts, communications, television production or another related field.
• Strong knowledge of how content management systems work preferred (HTML, CSS, XML and PHP/SQL).
• Ability to write thorough stories with compelling headlines.
• clear editorial judgement.
• Strong writing, communication and people skills.
• Must have a valid driver's license with an acceptable driving record.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gmxzj6-3-235-120-150-42 in your application.
Find More Jobs Like This
Nexstar Media Group is America’s largest local television and media company with 196 full power stations (including partner stations) in 114 markets addressing nearly 63% of US television households and a growing digital media operation.